In this area you will find link that will redirect you to recommended websites, articles and biographical information to keep you informed.
Art Nouveau top destinations where we offer exclusive private tours for small groups:
- Hotel Scandinavie, the only art nouveau hotel in Ålesund. The hotel building is a true work of art. Built 1905 in art noveau style it will give you somewhere nice to stay when you visit.
- Jungendstilsenteret – the Art nouveau museum in Ålesund
- Ålesund, the art nouveau town – Ålesund’s Art Nouveau architecture is known far and wide. The myriad of turrets, spires and beautiful ornamentation are like something from a fairytale.
- VisitAlesund – Sunnmøre’s countless fjords, fishing villages, island gems and mountains lie waiting to rouse your enthusiasm.
- Hotel As Américas – The best hotel in town. Have breakfast in a wonderful Art Nouveau building
- Ria de Aveiro – Turismo do Centro de Portugal
- Barcelona City – The Hidden Gems of Gaudí in Barcelona City: –
- Industrial Art Nouveau around Barcelona
- Terrassa – Colònia Güell
- The Art Nouveau summer houses of the Barcelona bourgeoise
- Cardedeu – La Garriga – L’Ametlla del Vallès
- Art Nouveau by the sea near Barcelona
- Mataró: Nau Gaudí| Canet de Mar: Castell de Santa Florentina – Casa-Museu Domènech i Montaner | Argentona
- Sitges – Xarxa d’Edificis Indians (in Catalan)
Main figure: Ödön Lechner (1845–1914).
- Bedo House – the Art Nouveau Museum – The Antik & Modern shop – Café in Bedo House
- The Museum of Applied Arts Budapest – The core of the historical collection consists of antiques transferred from the Hungarian National Museum, while the contemporary collection was originally built up from purchases at world fairs (Vienna 1873, Paris 1878, Paris 1889) and gifts by companies (Herend Porcelain Manufactory, Zsolnay).
- Cifra Palace
- Town Hall
- Palazzo Castiglioni – Before building Palazzo Castiglioni, Giuseppe Sommaruga and Ermenegildo Castiglioni travelled to France and England to study the new trends in architecture. In particular those relating to the French architect Hector Guimard, master of Art Nouveau
- Casa Galimberti
- Cimitero Monumentale di Milano
- Le Cercle Guimard – The goal of the association “Le Cercle Guimard” is to promote, for a general public as well as the relevant authorities, the architect and decorator Hector Guimard (1867-1942).
- Maxims de Paris
Main figures: Alphonse Mucha (1860–1939). František Bílek (1872-1941), the foremost Czech exponent of the Art Nouveau symbolist style. The main architects are Ohmann (1858-1927), Bendelmeyer (1872-1932) and Kotera (1871-1923). Prague Art Nouveau artists had their favorite decorative pattern: it is a set of tree branches with flat and overlapping leaves.
- Bílek Villa – A must. It is a museum about Bilek’s sculpture work. It was his studio and home. The whole building has been designed by Bilek from the furniture to the door handles. It is one of the most surprising building in Prague with its semi carved stones and bricks
- Municipal House – Restored in the 1990s after decades of neglect, Prague’s most exuberantly art-nouveau building is a labour of love, every detail of its design and decoration carefully considered, every painting and sculpture loaded with symbolism. Visit the café and restaurant for beautiful decorations
Main figures: Jānis Rozentāls, Konstantīns Pēkšēns, Eižens Laube and Mihails Eizenšteins.
- Grand Palace Hotel – Recommended hotel, located in the Old Riga District
- Riga Art Nouveau Center – The house persents a complete picture of the historical heritage of Art Nouveau and offers an authentic environment for discovering and savouring Art Nouveau.
- Fabergé Museum
- Museum of the History of St Petersburg – Formerly the Museum of Leningrad Historyfrom 1955 to 1991, it is the museum of the city history in Saint Petersburg.
- Reök Palace – An exemplary piece of Hungarian secession designed by the architect Ede Magyar in 1907. As he was entrusted by the water engineer Iván Reök the leading motif of the building became water
- Móricz House – A four-storey historic example of secessionist architecture built between 1910 and 1912 by Jenő Ferenc Raichle and commissioned by thepost official Jószef Móricz
- Synagogue – The building operation began in the August of 1907 and ended by October
- Casa Fenoglio – A gorgeous, four-storey-tall flower building that bloomed at the intersection of two upper-class streets in Turin
Main figure: Gustav Klimt (1862–1918). Josef Maria Olbrich and Josef Hoffmann were his students and became renowned Art Nouveau architects.
- Carlton Opera Hotel Vienna, an elegant Art Nouveau hotel, only a few minutes from Vienna’s busy center, yet calmly situated in a quiet one-way street. Vienna’s elegant shopping promenades, Kärntnerstraße and Mariahilferstraße streets, are in convenient reach from the hotel.
- Postsparkasse – Otto Wagner Biography. The building’s history, furniture and interiors. CHECK a great 26′ video with an explanation in English by clicking HERE.
- Museum of Applied Arts (MAK) – Austrian Museum of Applied Arts / Contemporary – MAK Vienna
- Belvedere Collection – The Upper Belvedere Palace is the place to see The Kiss by Gustav Klimt
- Secession Building – Beethovenfries by Gustav Klimt (permanent collection)
- Church of St Leopold – Steinhof Church (Kirche am Steinhof)
- Otto Wagner Pavillon Karlsplatz – The new Art Nouveau museum in Vienna (2017)
General Resources about Art Nouveau in several cities
- The Belle Époque Blog – Interesting resources about Art Nouveau in more than 20 European countries.
Other Art Nouveau top destinations where we still don’t offer frequent exclusive private tours for small groups:
- Jurkovič House – A must. We can organise a private tour in the house if you are interested Contact us.
- Art Nouveau facade along Veveří Street – The flowers house
Main figure: Victor Horta.
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, one of the city’s most sophisticated and prestigious landmarks dating back to 1914.
- Other cities from Romania: Oradea, Timisoara, Brasov, Constança, Cluj-Napoca
- Staro Hotel, a 4 star boutique property, truly unique by its Art Nouveau decor and architecture style typical for Kiev of 19th century. It is a peaceful hideaway in the heart of the city that combines up-to-the-minute sophistication with ample old-world charm.
Le Chaux des Fonds
If you have recommended links please send them to email@example.com